Shoot Dyer County 2011
How to enter your photos in the Annual Shoot Dyer County Contest
Cost $10.00 per entry. Entry fee includes mounting done by the Dyersburg/Dyer County Photography Club. All mounts will be identical. Photos must be submitted as borderless 8 x 10 prints and must be accompanied by the same image in jpeg format on CD. Submit only one image per CD. Digital Image files must be named on CD as follows: lastname.firstname.image name (Example: johnson.bruce.courthouse). Take time to name each image properly.
Who can enter?
Non-professional photographers in all age groups and levels of experience are encouraged to enter. If you derive a significant portion (50 percent or more) of your income from the sale of your images, please do not enter.
$1,000 in Total Prizes:
$100 First Place in each of the six categories—Judged by the Shoot Dyer County panel of judges
$200 People’s Choice—Judged by popular vote at the DSCC LRC
$200 Best Image of Dyer County—Judged by the Shoot Dyer County panel of judges
Landscapes / Scenic
PhotoShop Created Assemblage
Print out and complete the form below and include it with your entry. Do not write on your print.
Image Date: ___________
(Image must have been taken between January 1, 2011 and the submission deadline)
Photographer’s Name: ________________________
City: ________________________ State: ________
Contact Phone Number: _______________________
Email Address: ______________________________
Image Name on CD: __________________________
Entry Category: ______________________________
1. All images must be created in Dyer County Tennessee. Be prepared to give exact location if requested by the panel of judges.
2. Normal PhotoShop development/retouching will be allowed on all digital images.
3. All photos and digital images submitted must be original work of submitter.
4. All photos and digital images are non returnable. Complete Rights of Usage for use in publications, displays, and websites will be granted to The Dyersburg Dyer County Chamber, Dyer County Government, City of Dyersburg, State Gazette, Dyer County Historical Society, Dyersburg/Dyer County Photography Club and other sponsors. The above organizations have the rights to use images in any fund raising endeavor for the benefit of their organization as long as acknowledgment is given. Published photos may be cropped to fit appropriate publications.
5. Photographers’ acknowledgement (credit) will be given on any photos used and/or published, but no other compensation, monetary or otherwise will be provided.
6. Photographer agrees that Shoot Dyer County can supply any photograph to any local community organization for publication and use.
7. Contest is limited to 2 entries per person per category. Maximum number of entries is 12. Carefully choose the category for your photographs. Do not put extra photos in wrong categories to increase your chances of winning.
Deliver all entries by November 28, 2011 to:
Dyersburg/Dyer County Chamber of Commerce
The Lannom Center
2000 Commerce Avenue
Dyersburg, TN 38024
Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Do not mail or e-mail you entries.
For more information contact Steve Guttery,
President of the Dyersburg/Dyer County Photography Club at 731-285-3433.