Eddie Anderson, Vice Chair
Goals: Participate in efforts to promote West Tennessee agriculture and serve as a voice for the farming community.
- Promote renewable fuels.
- Promote the Mississippi River Corridor project for Agritourism.
- Encourage other counties to form an Agribusiness Council of their own.
- Closely monitor the new US Farm Bill and understand changes in subsidies, etc.
- Continue the Young Farmers and Ranchers program at the new industrial park and add
additional acreage, approximately 35 acres.
- Build and fill the Agribusiness display in the Lannom Center.
- Promote and encourage a food processing company to locate in Dyer County.
- Promote waterfowl hunting in the area.
Click on the following agricultural-related website sources for more details.
National Cattleman's Beef Association
National Corngrowers Association
Dyer County UT Ag Extension Office